[VHFcontesting] Antenna Towers/Arrays

Joe Crawford crawfish at surfmore.net
Thu Oct 18 20:08:55 EDT 2001

Saw a post by Bill,AA6TT. I remember the signal he put out with the stacked 6m beams @200'. Was wondering if the group is aware of any VHF/UHF amateur station using a tower taller than 200'. The tallest I have seen myself were in the 150'-160' range, and that was HF.Just curious.I always figured there would be a point of diminishing returns, especially on 2m and above due to line loss. How about it,guys? I will be listening around on 2m this week because we have high pressure prevalent here in southern middle TN(80 miles south of Nashville).
                                                73,
                                                 Joe W4AAB  EM65LB