[VHFcontesting] Sept Contest

Paul Kiesel k7cw at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 1 13:20:51 EDT 2001

I guess I don't have a problem with the use of
different kinds of modes in VHF/UHF contests. As you
say, the VHF world is different. I think a weak-signal
1296 QSO between W6 and G should count, even if direct
detection weren't used. Why should we disallow hscw
and wsjt QSOs? I think if the ARRL wanted to, they
could set their contest rules up so that all could be
happy, including the guys who work hard to improve the
communcations state of the art.

73 de Paul, K7CW