[VHFcontesting] W0ZQ Sept Score

Jon C Platt jon.platt at gte.net
Sat Sep 15 18:33:47 EDT 2001

If only the contest would have been 72 hrs earlier !    Oh well.    Looks
like the NE got the conditions we had here during mid-week.   Thursday night
into Friday before the contest a cold front swept through the upper midwest
and low pressure sat overhead.   It was a contest with no tropo, no E's, and
no aurora.   Tropo scatter conditions were poor on Saturday and only
slightly better on Sunday.    Our grid totals on 2m were way way down this
year.

So, what saved the contest for us, the Rovers !.   Many thanks to a plethora
of Rovers this contest.

     Call used: W0ZQ          Location: EN34 (MN)
     Category: Multi-Multi Unlimited      Mode: MIXED           Power: 1500W

     If multi-operator, show calls of all operators and loggers:
        W0ZQ, W9FZ, WA2PHW, WB0GGM, N0HJZ, KC0FXY

     Band    QSOs    Points    Mults
      50         135         135        45
     144        186         186        43
     222          58         116        24
     432        100         200        30
     903          20           60        13
     1.2           34         102        13
     2.3             8           32           5
     10G           4           16           1
     LAS          2              8           1
   TOTAL    547         855      175      SCORE: 149,625

  Club or Team Name: Northern Light Radio Soc.

73, Jon
W0ZQ