[RMG] Re: [VHFcontesting] 2m Sprint

Bill Tynan btynan at omniglobal.net
Tue Apr 2 07:31:03 EST 2002

I agree with Scott.  I was not able to get on until almost 10:00 (04:00 UTC)
but had a lot more QSOs than expected.  Haven't counted them yet.
Conditions seemed quite good with contacts in LA and AR.  Worked W5MRB EM35
on 2 then went up to 432 and had no trouble with him there.  After his amp
was warmed up, he was S-9.

The thing that most impressed me were the number of stations I had never
worked before.

A goo show.  Wish I could have been on earlier.

Very surprising, no contacts in EL29.  EM20 was also missing as were all
grids to south except one contact in EL09.  I tried northwest be couldn't
scare anything up.

73,

Bill, W3XO/5  EM00kd