[VHFcontesting] Re: Question on Certificates for the 2001 CQ VHF Contest

W2VU at aol.com W2VU at aol.com
Mon Dec 2 14:53:30 EST 2002

Hi all -

I believe David was confusing the CQ World Wide VHF Contest (of which Gene is former Director and about which he was writing) with ARRL VHF contests. Just to clarify, CQ's contest certificates have ALWAYS been awarded solely on the basis of achievement and we have never offered "participation awards."

I hope you will all mark the 2003 CQ World Wide VHF Contest on your calendars, this coming July 19-20. It is a 6/2-meter-only event. Rules will be in next June's CQ and on the CQ magazine website at <www.cq-amateur-radio.com>. The 2002 rules are there now; we don't anticipate many changes for 2003.

73,
Rich Moseson, W2VU
Editor, CQ