[VHFcontesting] DEM 902MHz xvtr info needed

Dave VE2ZP at rac.ca
Fri Dec 27 12:21:06 EST 2002

Hello:

I purchased an unassambled 902MHz one-board transverter kit and I am now
trying to get it together in time for the January VHF SS.  I am 90% through
stuffing the board (I'm saving the surface-mount components for last) and I
have two questions related to the mixer modules.

My board is the KK7B design dated "3 2 89."  I have incomplete assembly
instructions, based on the "10 24 88" version of the board.  The missing
instructions deal with installing the two mixer modules.

I have two little mysteries:
- On this version of the board the input and output -6dB pads are configured
very differently as the board traces were changed.  What is the correct
configuration for pad on this version of the board?
- There are two mixer modules that I must install.  The modules I have are
labelled: "EC EMA-220X.  One of the eight pins is surrounded by blue
plastic, while all the others are green.  Which way do these two modules go?
There are only two possible ways and I want to get it right the first time.

Can any of you folks help?

73,

Dave VE2ZP
FN25bj