[VHFcontesting] Scores not part of Contest coverage?? Was:Too many contes...

AB4RU at aol.com AB4RU at aol.com
Wed Jan 16 21:06:17 EST 2002

In a message dated 1/16/02 4:38:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rjohnson at tmlp.com writes:

> As far as getting a bunch of people more upset than they need to be.  That
> is
> exactly what I'm trying to do !!!  I think they need to get upset and let
> the
> ARRL BoD know what they think about these cuts.

The BOD will do anything to keep the business making money, as with any
business. The solution is very simple, drop your membership if your not happy
with the way the BOD is running the ARRL or get elected and do something
about it.

I love contesting as much as anyone and hate to see the results taken out of
the magazine. I feel contesting is on its way out, especially now that the
bands are so crowded. The spectrum can only support so many users at one
time.  With the FCC enforcing fines to persons causing QRM, the non-contester
stations have leverage to claim the contester is interfering with their
operation.  I think the ARRL has seen this coming down the pipe and wants to
get on the winning side before contesting is abolished on the ham bands. Its
not going to happen over night, but it will happen.

Ron W4WA