[VHFcontesting] January ARRL SS and rovers

Eugene Zimmerman ezimmerm at erols.com
Tue Jan 22 15:40:59 EST 2002

Ed

Good score!

Many rovers list in their itinerary the 2 meter frequency they go back to
after they're finished running the bands with whoever.  For instance Bill
W3IY/R was supposed to be on 144.233 I think.  That's the only way I know.
That said, I did not operate much except for Sunday morning on 6 so I too
had real trouble finding either IY or ND3F/R.  Normally I try to check their
listed 2 meter frequency with the second VFO every once in a while.  This
time that did not work well.

One other problem is that the rovers may be and you hope they will be in odd
directions from you so it can be hard to hear them when you are pointed at
the areas of dense population.  The only quick fix for that is another 2
meter antenna something not so many of us have.