[VHFcontesting] CW

Warren J. Walsh wwalsh at skyweb.net
Thu Jan 24 11:26:10 EST 2002

At 15:37 1/24/02 +0000, Bill Olson wrote:
>For one thing, there are a LOT less of us, for another thing, we are
>dealing a whole lot more with signals at the noise level, for another
>operators regularly use CW in the non-cw part of the band. The point I am
>making is that CW is and should be just one way to make a contact that you
>otherwise would not. It is just a natural part of VHF operation!

I would think that there would be MORE VHF/UHF operators then HF since
almost everyone has operator privileges there.  I also didn't know there
were NON-CW portions of the bands, I thought CW was allowed on ALL of our
frequencies (except maybe 14.233MHz, where anything other then SSTV is
prohibited :-) )!

73
Warren - K2BM