[VHFcontesting] Delta match queries. . .

James Hayes hazy119 at westelcom.com
Tue Jan 29 06:13:31 EST 2002

Hi Jacob,
I was curious about that too, and did a little research and found that it is
basically a 1/2 wave dipole mounted to the driven element with a 1/4 wave
matching balun in tow. I made one for both my homebrewed 6m and 2M antennas
and noticed a substantial difference in my SWR and output power curves. Now
I'm no rocket scientist but it does a heck of a lot better than the gamma
matches I was using and my rigs like it a whole lot better.
If you have a copy of one the ARRL Antenna and Handbooks describe them a bit
more, if you don't I have a friend who has been building antennas for over
40 years who might offer some assistance, and who has helped me build a few
antennas (yagis) for my shack. His name is Charles Roberts, KB2ZSP and he
can be reached at crbr at together.net.
Hope this helps. BTW he owns a small shop and makes VHF beams in his spare
time and also has a relatively good supply of aluminum for building them for
a damn sight cheaper than one can get on their own from a supplier. Check
him out you won't be disappointed.

73 and GL,

Jim, N2YEV
n2yev at arrl.net