[VHFcontesting] Re: 2002 CQ WW VHF Contest

Ed Kucharski k3dne at adelphia.net
Sun Jul 14 23:05:01 EDT 2002

At 10:58 AM 7/12/02 -0400, Eugene Zimmerman wrote:
>This is a reminder that the CQ WW VHF Contest will be held NEXT weekend
>beginning Saturday July 20 at 1800Z ending Sunday July 21 at 2100Z.  This is
>a 6 and 2 meter contest only.  Rules and log submission information are at
>
>http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/VHFRUl02.pdf
>
>Cabrillo does NOT support this contest.  For electronic logging, use the
>ARRL VHF contest and change the two meter contacts to two points in the
>summary sheet.  If you submit by internet I need your log [CT .all file or
>equivalent] and a separate summary sheet [CT .sum file or equivalent].
>These can be sent as a single file if you wish.  Do not send the Cabrillo
>file WITHOUT a separate summary sheet.  I am unable to extract the summary
>information from the Cabrillo log.  But the Cabrillo file will be o.k. for
>your log.

Time again for a quick plug for my favorite VHF+ contest logging program;
VHFTEST.
It does support the CQWW VHF Contest and scores it correctly.  It is FREE
and can
be downloaded at:  http://www.vhftest.com/
I had hoped to put in a full time effort for this year's contest but I'm
having back surgery
2 days prior to the contest and I doubt that I will feel up to a full time
effort.  I do hope
to give out some points though.  I plan to be back in shape for the UHF
contest in August.
Happy contesting!
73,
Ed K3DNE