[VHFcontesting] Re: [WSVHF] Re: 222 Rig FS

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Wed Jul 17 23:16:11 EDT 2002

You could be a little more genteel about it!

Actually any true contester takes any QSO's any way he can get them
(legally).  Around here, on VHF+, I'm hard-pressed to find people on the
bands above 144 MHz to work on ANY mode.  While it's true that SSB or CW
is going to have a greater range than FM for a given power level, if
someone wanted a QSO on 222 FM or 440 FM, I'd sure oblige him.  One year
the only QSO I had with my own grid square on 144 was on FM.

Maybe I'll give the CQ VHF contest a spin, as I'm just about recovered
from being the all-night guy in the IARU contest in a M/S effort.

73, Zack W9SZ
EN50vc Urbana, IL