[VHFcontesting] Re: The CQWW-VHF Contest and The Rover Resource Page.

Dan Evans, N9RLA n9rla at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 19 23:33:42 EDT 2002

Hi Folks,

I just completed the last update of the plans lists on the Rover Resource
Page.  Be sure to stop in before the contest and make a list of
stations in your area.

It's a small, but dedicated group this time out.  The competition looks like
it will be stiff, but I'm betting Gene, N0DQS, will be hard to beat for top
Rover.  There looks like there will be several nice GRIDpeditions out there.
Good luck to Jim, VE7FO,  you should have a lot of fun if you can get enough
of the Pacific North West folks to look up your way.

My operating time will likely be pretty limited, but I'll man the rig as
much as possible.  I particularly want to try out some digital modes
Saturday evening.  I'm still trying to get my soundcard interface to work,
so I'm not ready to try skeds yet...  But there is a group of folks here in
the midwest that have been experimenting with the new digital modes every
evening on 144.150, I'm sure many of them would like to make some contest
contacts.

You can get more info on the
CQWW-VHF Contest at:
http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/VHFRUl02.pdf

If you haven't seen this before, as a service to all VHF contesters I gather
the plans of stations planning to be active and post them on the Rover
Resource Page.  This started out to help folks plan for Rover operations in
their area, but has become popular for all categories.

And would someone please remember to wake up 6 meters?

Good luck to all in the contest!
Dan Evans N9RLA
Scottsburg, IN 47170
{EM78}
IN-Ham list administrator
QRP-l #1269
1/2 of the N9RLA /R no budget Rover Team
Check out the Rover Resource Page at:
http://www.qsl.net/n9rla