[VHFcontesting] Need Advice on 1.2 Gig Antenna

William Speedie KA6T at msn.com
Mon Jul 22 15:18:11 EDT 2002

What kind of antenna would be best for picking up local contacts in the VHF/UHF contests on 1.2 GHz?  I have one of the Kenwood 10 watt FM radios and have used it successfully as a rover on hilltops with a whip antenna on the car, but would like to install something on my house for contesting at home.  Though I'm using FM, I suppose most of the stations I might contact would be using horizontal polarization.  My home is on the side of a hill, so 180 degrees or less of horizontal coverage should do it.  If possible, I'd like to stay away from having to add a rotator for the few contacts available on this band.

Thanks for any and all advice.

Bill  --  KA6TGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

multipart/alternative
  text/html