[VHFcontesting] K7XC Almost on the air from DM09ol + K7XC/B 144.288

Tim Marek timm at cccomm.net
Tue Jul 23 05:13:46 EDT 2002

Hi Folks,

I'm almost done installing yagi antennas here at the new house in DM09ol.
Currently I have 6 ele 6M on 30' boom, 18ele 2M on 33' boom, 23 ele 222 on
33' boom, & 18 ele 432 on 13' boom. Their on the tower trailer parked in the
yard with 6M at 40', 2M at 42', 222 at 44', and 432 at 46'. I'm in the 3rd
and final week of heavy overtime at work. Maybe I can find time this weekend
to finish running the cables under the house and thru the floor into the
radio room! Once these bands are done I'll be installing a 25 ele 1296 loop
yagi on a separate 20' mast.

The gear will be as follows... On 6 & 2, an IC-746, 222 will be a DEM xvtr &
Mirage brick with a 706IIg IF, 432 will be the same 706IIg into a Mirage
brick, and 1296 will be a 2M If rig into a DEM 1296 xvtr. Output power for
now will be 100W on 6 and 2, 140W on 222, 110W on 432, and 3W on 1296.

I plan on installing WSJT software in time for the upcoming Persieds meteor
shower. Can someone tell me what are the current WSJT freqs for these bands?
Once I have it all interfaced I'll start taking skeds. Looking especially
for 222 & 432 skeds as DM09 is still fairly rare on UHF.

In my few hours off of work, I have finished interfacing a W9XT XT-4B Beacon
Keyer board to the 2M beacon. It should be QRV from its new and higher home
in a week or two. 144.288 Mhz with 10W to a KQ loop up 20 feet atop a 6000'
ridge near Lake Lahotan half way between Fallon and Silver Springs NV on Hwy
50. Jack - W7PW and myself have agreed to pool our resources and plan to
have beacons playing on 6 - 1296 by the Wintertime with 2, 3, 5 and 10 Ghz
QRV by the Fall of 2003.

If anyone has pieces or parts laying around we could put to good use RE:
this beacon project, by all means get in touch!

73s for now de Tim - K7XC - DM09ol... sk

K7XC/B, 144.288, 10W, KQ Loop, DM09, ID Msg followed by 5 sec carrier.

http://k7xc.tripod.com/K7XCweaksignal/

http://k7xc.tripod.com/VHF_Records/

"What We Do In Life... Echoes In Eternity!" - General Maximus