[VHFcontesting] RE: [Mw] FN35 + FN45 on 10Ghz

John Allen jallen at vhfcom.com
Thu Jul 25 19:27:05 EDT 2002

I think that there are two factors to consider regarding when to operate.

1. Early in the morning and towards evening propagation may be better due to more stable atmosphere.

2. Although there are a number of home stations, many operators are on high hills or mountains and can not get there very early or
stay very late (if the mountain is closed for the hight.)  For example, it is hard to get up on Mt Washington and set up before 8:30
AM, if they open the road on time.  They make you leave around 6:30 in Aug and about 5:00 in September.  [NOTE: This info is 2 years
old, please correct me if anyone has newer information.

John Allen K1AE
jallen at vhfcom.com
978 779-6189