[VHFcontesting] Why is this necessary ???

Kip K. n2xre at usa.com
Fri Jun 7 08:03:08 EDT 2002

From: "Frey, Richard L (CRD)" <frey at opal.crd.ge.com>
To: "'mgef at mgef.com'" <mgef at mgef.com>
Subject: [mgef-only] We Need Rovers Please

Hello everyone.

    		The subject says it all.

We have only 6 operators for our 12 sets of local
rover equipment this June so far.  We need to
get all our equipment into use if we want to
ensure a win this contest.

Just to give you an idea of what this means...
6 local rovers going to 6 local grids generate
about 500,000 points at the level where we now
compete. We had 2,400,000 points last June.  Without
these 6 rovers we can only expect 1,900,000 points
under the same conditions if we don't put out
our rovers.  This can EASILY spell the difference
between winning and losing!!!!!!

Now I'm not trying to get hilltop ops to go
roving if they really DO operate on the hill,
but I am trying to get help where ever I can
get it.

If you are not comming to the Mountain this June,
Please, Please, take out some of our rover gear.
We need all the points we can generate to win.
Remember they beat us once they can beat us
again!!  So, let's ensure another first place win!

If you only normally come along for the ride as
a rover helper, please, please take another set
of rover gear and become an operator if you are
licensed.

If you DO plan to come to the Mountain and do
not expect to operate at the main station, then
again, please, please take out our rover gear.

Please send E-Mail to:  frey at crd.ge.com

DO NOT JUST HIT REPLY in this E-Mail

		Thanks,

		Dick