[VHFcontesting] N6NZ operated a wee little bit

Dave N6NZ n6nz at n6nz.net
Mon Jun 10 15:31:17 EDT 2002

This weekend I had too much work to do out at "the ranch" (euphemism
detectors should be going off...) to play radio much.  But I did take a few
minutes out from building fence and other physical labors to fire up the 6m
radio on a SQLoop.

First I discovered that the ALC meter was dead, so Tim over at N6JIM had to
talk me in on mic gain.  I worked a couple of other strong guys, and
*almost* worked KM7VU, but couldn't copy the grid... sounded like a DN
something, but oh well. So much for DX, such as it was. So the big claimed
score: 3 Q's x 3 grids from CM97xm.

It was great to read KF6TPT's roving report!  Now that N6JIM and I both
seem to be too lazy to go roving in this country, I'm glad someone else has
taken up the banner for the "western independent (we don't need no captive
rover-slaves...) rover". Having been on those roads, the story is very vivid.

BTW: Shameless plug: Tonight the speaker at the Norther California Contest
Club is talking about "10 GHz+ Contesting".  Guests are always
welcome.  Check out http://www.nccc.cc/

73, Dave N6NZ