[VHFcontesting] Pre-contest skeds

Kenneth E. Harker kharker at cs.utexas.edu
Wed May 22 10:28:45 EDT 2002

     I know a lot of "serious" VHF contest stations, especially the
multi-ops, make skeds before the contest.  Some of them make a lot of
skeds.

     Am I the only one who finds this somewhat distasteful?  This is not
activity that generally ever happens in HF contesting.  I think it's
fun to just get on the air and see what you can work, and making
skeds is just one step away from agreeing before the contest to enter one
another into the logs come what may...

     What do other people think about the practice of skeds in VHF
contesting?

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker at cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences      VP, Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops