[VHFcontesting] Pre-contest skeds

KA0TP at aol.com KA0TP at aol.com
Thu May 23 04:00:18 EDT 2002

In a message dated 5/22/02 11:01:27 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tree at kkn.net
writes:
<<
 In VHF, I am only really competiting against one or two locals.  We
 make agreements on what is okay and not okay and then stick to it.
 For example, we don't make skeds, we don't use FM except on 223.5
 MHz and no packet.

No FM?
 I have been advertising on nets and Repeaters in the area for people without
SSB gear to try the contest on FM simplex with 146.58 as the 2M freq. I will
be monitoring on the quater hour.
There are a lot of Techs out there who have FM gear and don't really know
there is more than repeaters to use. If pushing on the repeaters in the weeks
before the contest, to get simplex contacts helps them discover VHF
contesting, then MAYBE there will eventually be more than a "Few locals"
doing VHF contesting.
The beauty of the VHF contest is that it is All Mode. Any direct contct
works. Regardless of Mode.