[VHFcontesting] June VHF and UHF contests QST results available

Tim Coad timcoad at excite.com
Wed Nov 27 00:06:46 EST 2002

The prose is fine. I am not complaining about what is there. I am complaining about what is missing. And yes I know the author has little control over this, which is why I aimed my complaints at the ARRL & QST.

QST said they were going to take away the line scores.  I totally disagree with this, but it is now a done deal.  But, they did not warn us (or maybe I missed it) that they were going to take away the Regional Boxes.  Fow many years I complained about only having top ten boxes. When they finally added regional boxes I was very happy.

Now this is a giant step backwards.

Tim - NU6S

 --- On Mon 11/25, Ed Kucharski  wrote:From: Ed Kucharski [mailto: k3dne at adelphia.net]To: vhf at w6yx.stanford.edu, pvrc at mailman.qth.net, VHFcontesting at contesting.comDate: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 21:04:13 -0500Subject: [VHFcontesting] June VHF and UHF contests QST results availableARRL has posted the QST results for the June VHF QSO Party and UHF Contest
on the ARRL Members Only webpage at:  http://www.arrl.org/contests/results/

These write-ups are apparently the new ones to appear in QST without line
scores.  I'm a little disappointed - the June event only has 3 pages
dedicated to it with 4 pics, the top 10 scoring box for each category and a
write-up that puts more focus on regional competition.  I sure hope the web
write-up with line scores is more comprehensive.

73,
Ed K3DNE