[VHFcontesting] June VHF WEB REPORT now available

Ed Kucharski k3dne at adelphia.net
Wed Nov 27 17:47:35 EST 2002

At 01:22 PM 11/27/2002 -0500, Eugene Zimmerman wrote:
>Whoa, Ed!

Thanks for the info Gene!  I'll reel myself back in.  It is nice to know
people who know people in the right places..

>Before bemoaning the disappearance of the QSO/grid square leaders, Regional
>Leaders, Division Leaders, etc. we should do some checking.  According to
>what I learned this morning at ARRL the Web results as posted are incomplete
>and all these accoutrements will be added in a very few days [No -- don't
>call Dan Henderson - he's not there until next week].  So we should all
>relax for a while and see if this is really the case.

I wish that there had been a message place on the page that the report is
NOT complete - what were we to think?  I'm very happy that you found out
that there is more coming - that is certainly is good news.

>Looking at Ev's 'expanded' line scores, much of that is already available on
>the Web though I admit it is not necessarily obvious that it's there.  Ev's
>line scores contain HAAT, MSL, total score, category, band scores for each
>entry, power/band, and antenna/band.  Basically much of that is already on
>the ARRL Web line scores. This includes score, category, Q/grids/band [from
>DC to daylight] AND the ability to sort the results so that you can see how
>your score compares to all other entries in your Division, category or
>whatever sort you want to do.  With the ability to download your sorts as
>CSV or Tab delimited files as Geo Fremin and others have so ably pointed
>out.

Yep, the ability to due multiple sorts is nice - I played with that
functionality a little yesterday and it is impressive.

>What is missing is some of the ancillary details that Ev provides.  These
>could be gathered if there were still summary files and these sum files were
>modified by ALL of the software writers to include boxes for that
>information - like HAAT, MSL, etc, but it is much more difficult when
>dealing with Cabrillo files not at least in part because no one wants to add
>anything extraneous to their Cabrillo header section lest they enter the
>dance of death with the Robot [similar to the blue screen of death in
>Windoze] But the bottom line is that the critical information is there but
>arrayed in a way that takes a little thought to extract.  That is the price
>we pay for 'progress' and the not inconsiderable savings in paper in QST
>itself.
>
>Wait and likely we will be rewarded.

Okay!

73,