[VHFcontesting] Re:6M Antenna choice

Shane 4thapack shane at icu2.net
Fri Nov 29 14:14:40 EST 2002

Why not search around at the local swap fest or call around and try to
source some 1/2" hard-line. It is out there you just have to find it. I have
100's of feet here and it works great for 6M. It would sure beat RG-8 or 213
for the loss'.  Sure it isn't as good as 7/8" but it will work. Your loss'
would be right around 1 dB for the 1/2 " @ 200' and around .5dB for the 7/8"
@200'. You would need to figure in jumper loss but it would still be a great
way to go. The cellular companies scrap this stuff when they dismantle a
site or change freq's. I have a 300' roll of 1 5/8" air Heliax for when I
get back on the air. I have been QRT for a while now and it is time to get
back on after I get married in June.
Good luck either way de KI4M em95aq