[Mw] Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL Membership Services Committee VHF/UHF Award...

Ernie Gray w1mrq at rcn.com
Wed Oct 9 20:42:20 EDT 2002

Yes, Nicely put Bill,
    I think that is  really the sole reason I started contesting. To see my call
on the pages in QST magazine. I remember the thrill to this day when I read the
results of the 1971 Novice Roundup and saw my original call there. Like it was
yesterday!

    My biggest gripe is that not every ham has access to a computer or being
online. I am sure everyone knows AF1T, Dale in NH. He does not and cannot use a
computer because of his eyesight. He is one of our biggest contributors to this
facet of ham radio, and he is excluded. Who else?

    Does league membership also require us to be online to fully enjoy league
benefits? I hope not.

Thanks & 73, Ernie Gray W1MRQ