[VHFcontesting] Information on VHF/UHF/SHF clubs

Eugene Zimmerman ezimmerm at erols.com
Thu Oct 24 11:08:08 EDT 2002

My next World Above 50 MHz column in QST will include a discussion of VHF+
clubs and groups.  This means groups that meet regularly, groups that
sponsor annual conferences  like Central States, contest groups and others
interested in the VHF+ world. I have mined a lot of data from internet sites
but I would like my information to be accurate and up to date.

The groups I have identified are (in no particular order)

PackRats; Rochester VHF Group; NEWS; SVHFS; Fourlanders; Central States;
Midwest VHF-UHF Society; Northern Lights; Badger Contesters; Weak Signal
Group (3843); Rocky Mountain VHF+; Western Weak Signal; Northwest VHF
Society; North Texas Microwave Society; San Bernadino Microwave Society;
Roadrunners

If you connected with one of these organizations, please contact me by Email
w3zz at arrl.org. I would like to confirm the information I have and most
important find out who can be used as a contact point if someone wishes to
find out more information about and join your group.  I have until early
November to finalize what I write but the sooner I get the information the
better.

I am afraid that I may have overlooked some groups especially in the West
where I don't know as many folks [except via double hop E on 6 J].  If your
group is not listed please contact me.  I am aware of clubs that emphasize
other aspects of ham radio that do have interests in VHF+ (like the Eastern
Tenn DX Assoc and PVRC) - they are welcome to contact me as well.

Thanks for the help.

73 Gene W3ZZ
World Above 50 MHz