[VHFcontesting] Shakedown Run for N2MH/R

mugs at intac.com mugs at intac.com
Sun Sep 1 11:53:46 EDT 2002

Folks,

Sorry for the short notice... And, sorry if this off-topic for the microwave group
(thought the list of sites would be useful though)...

Later today, the LightHouse Rover, N2MH/R, will try to do a shakedown run for our
planned route in the September VHF Contest. We (myself and my wife Karen) will be
active on the bottom four bands and listening on 144.200 for today's trip. Antennas
will be all halos. See http://www.intac.com/~mherson/rover.htm (drill down from
there) for pictures of the rovermobile.

Planned route for the contest is shown below. Obviously, today, we won't do the
whole route, but we will go as far as we can before we drop. I would like to try
out all the sites in Pennsylvania.

Proposed Route for September for N2MH/R

 1. FN00rg - Blue Knob (PA)
 2. FN10dq - Broad Mountain (PA) *
 3. FN11hb - Riansares Mountain (PA) *
 4. FN11lv - Tower Hill (PA) *
 5. FN12ef - Call Hill (NY)
 6. FN02wv - Burks Hill (NY)
 7. FN03wc - Tower Hill (NY) *
 8. FN13gb - The Lodge at Woodliffe (NY)
 9. FN23hi - Quaker Hill (NY) *
10. FN22dw - Mutten Hill (NY)
11. FN21hb - Camelback Mountain (PA)
12. FN20vt - Highlawn Pavillion (NJ)

The sites marked with an asterisk (*) are new to us and have been identified
through topo maps as possibly being useful. Anyone with info about them (or any of
these sites for that matter) please drop me a line. Thanks!

73, Mark, N2MH
The Lighthouse Rover
IRLP Node 474