[VHFcontesting] Re: VHFcontesting rules - hmmmm!

Eugene Zimmerman ezimmerm at erols.com
Wed Sep 4 23:05:23 EDT 2002

Donn has it right.  The changes in the rover rules have nothing to do with
the desires of the rovers but everything to do with the politics of club
scores.  If you all remember, there was a much more onerous rule in place
for a short time promulgated by the ARRL Awards Committee which has the
final say on contest rules, that was put in place with no input from either
the community or the CAC, as I remember it.  That resulted in a big and
justified uproar from the rovers. The current rule is a compromise crafted
by the CAC with constituent input but with the direction from the Awards
committee that going back to the old original rules was NOT an option.

73  Gene  W3ZZ