[VHFcontesting] Sept vhf results for K1TR

Ed Parsons esparsons at lucent.com
Wed Sep 18 14:15:12 EDT 2002

After examining the weather forecast for Mount Washington, NH,
last week, which included high winds due to tropical storm Hannah,
I decided to bail out of my plan to go there.  I wanted to try out my
new antenna swing-up mount so I took the short ride to Pack Monadnock
Mountain (2290' FN42BU) and set up there for Saturday.  Worked
a few of the boys (299/84 -> 41.7k) in the low power category and
then headed home early Sunday (before the rains).

Missing out on operating from the big mountain this year just strengthens
my resolve to make it for next year.  Maybe bring another band or two...

A couple of pics from this year can be seen at:
http://www.qsl.net/k1tr/

73, Ed K1TR