[VHFcontesting] Sprint_wed_nite

Bill Seabreeze w3iy at fcc.net
Sat Sep 28 08:28:01 EDT 2002

Ok Guys,
Here's on unofficial reminder about the 432 sprint
coming up on Wednesday night.  It's 7-11pm.  This
is the gateway to the microwaves, so you should check
to make sure you are solid on this band.

Why should you participate?
1.  432 is an awesome band, and often shows enhancement
     over 2m.
2.  We need more activity to keep commercial interests out
     of our hair.
3.  The SEVHF group is a bunch of really nice guys, and they
     continue to sponsor this event for you.
4.  You may want to explore 432 as a potential liason band
     for the microwaves, when 2m gets too full of QRM.
5.  432 propagation is largely unaffected by rain/clouds.
6.  Airplane scatter works really well on 432.
7.  Many newcomers show up on this band, and go away
     thinking that it's a vast wasteland with no activity.
8.  It's just the right thing to do.

So light-up your fire-bottles, energize your bipolars...
....hook up ur apparatus....
...put some juice into ur antennae...
and MAKE SOME NOISE~~~
We hope to get out and help insert FM08 into ur logz.

Don't be shy.  Don't be slow...Strike a blow for 432!
...es...listen for the weak ones...
73,
Bill W3IY
http://members.fcc.net/wseab