[VHFcontesting] re. W3ZZ's QST contesting article - 6M Qs

George Fremin III geoiii at kkn.net
Mon Apr 7 00:11:13 EDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 02:52:16AM +0000, jon jones wrote:
> The first year a station made over 1,000 QSOs(after dupes and log check) on
> 6 Meters in the June VHF QSO Party was 1998. That year the following

The first year that a station made over 1000 qsos on 6m was in 1996.

http://lists.contesting.com/_3830/1996-June/000754.html

We had 1160 ast W5KFT that year.

> stations broke the mythical 1K barrier:
>
> 1,358  W5KFT(K5TR op)
> 1,212  N5HHS
> 1,090  W5UWB
> 1,066  W1XE
> 1,031  K?GU
> 1,009  W8CM

1998 was the second time we did it.

The intresting thing to me about this is that I think
the opening in 1996 was much better than it was in 1998 but
by 1998 there were more people on the band.

It is also interesting to look at the grid totals over the years:

year   QSO  grids
1996  1160   267
1998  1358   245
2000  1104   260

http://lists.contesting.com/_3830/1998-June/007444.html
http://lists.contesting.com/_3830/2000-June/021299.html

I think that 2000 contacts is possbile if we get anohter really
good year like 1987 or maybe even in a year like 1996.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii at kkn.net
http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr