[VHFcontesting] RE: June Contest Proposal

Scott Pederson spederson at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 8 13:01:36 EDT 2003

Howdy all,

I've done a rover effort in South Texas a few times in the last couple years - ABD only.  Personally, I am not discouraged from participating, or submitting my logs simply because another Rover in the area has ABCD9 and higher, etc.

I started roving because it looked like fun, and have been working on areas to increase the number of bands I can utilize - purchasing some 220 equipment, better antennas, pricing some 902 and 1.2Ghz transverters, etc.

By removing the higher bands from the contest, I feel we would be stifling that experimentation and participation.  I think it's important to continue to encourage higher band activities.

For me, I would rather add bands and equipment as I build my station, and come up to their level, rather than change the rules to force them to come down to my level of activity.

73!
Scott - ki5dr
http://www.ki5dr.com/JanVHFSweep.html