[VHFcontesting] Drawing New QSO's to VHF Contesting

Ev Tupis (W2EV) w2ev at arrl.net
Thu Apr 10 20:30:42 EDT 2003

How?  Show new people how much fun it is.  If you do a good job, they'll stick
around.  Duh! :)

How much fun it it to be a ROVER?  I can show you.  Send me a PRIVATE email that
says "Gimme 'da goods" and I'll send you a 1MB hyper-compressed (very poor
quality) video that I'm preparing to use in a presentation to license classes
(where I'll be using the hi-fi quality version).

Amateur radio needs more of this sort of thing.

Ev, W2EV

PS...nowhere in the video will you see anyone engaging in a QSO, passing traffic
or using a CW key...but if you aren't motivated to Rove then you're probably
already on life support. <giggle>