[VHFcontesting] the endless debate about declining activity

Jack Isenberg ihi at frontiernet.net
Sun Apr 13 08:44:05 EDT 2003

Exactly right Joel.  Endless discussions beating a dead horse on subjects such as declining participation,  logging, arbitrary rules changes and scoring schemes, etc. does more to decrease activity than increase it.  A couple of years ago I Un-Subscribed from the forum to keep that huge volume of nonsensical chatter from being far too bothersome. I am an active contester both multi op and Rover.  I enjoy seeing what I can do to improve my station, operating, etc.  Technical discussions help as does any discussion on improving contesting.  However too much browbeating is a negative.

I also spent time generating what I believe to be a thoughtful response to the survey and am disappointed to have heard no feedback yet.  I would think a status report would be in order.  Perhaps if the ad-hoc committee was doing some useful work, it would cut down endless discussion

John Isenberg
WA2IID