[VHFcontesting] Re: Gain from an omnidirectional antenna

David Hinton ke4yyd at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 17 10:09:42 EDT 2003

John,

Think about this analogy.  Place a round balloon on a flat surface, put
another flat surface on top of the balloon and apply pressure.  The balloon
will change  shape spreading out horizontally but does not get larger in
volume.  This is similar to what happens when antennas are stacked
horizontally.

David