[VHFcontesting] comments from non-submitters?

Tom Carney tomc7 at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 17 15:17:38 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Clem" <clem.law at usa.net>
To: <vhfcontesting at contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 6:19 PM
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] comments from non-submitters?

> What would make the process easier is some free software, not for
*logging*,
> but for typing in the information from our scribbled logbook, and putting
it
> in the proper format.

Anyone have a solution for this problem?   As a rover I tried using an old
portable PC and a logging program.  However the glare from the sum made it
impossible to read the screen.  So I ended up hand logging and then running
the logging program after the contest.  Since the program grabs the PC time
when logging contacts I then have to go and manually edit each QSO to change
the time.  This is not only time consuming but error prone.  All I need is a
simple program that will prompt me for the info (including time) and produce
a Cabrillo file.

73

Tom   KE6FI/r