[VHFcontesting] Re: [NEWSVHF] WA2UMX 23cm beacon is on the air

Sigurd Kimpel sigurd at berkshire.net
Mon Apr 28 11:56:10 EDT 2003

Jim,

I hear the beacon on about 1296.2936 (estimate about 1 KHz above there based
on past experience with my radio) in FN32 jk.  I have a large obstruction
about 8 miles away (Berry Mountain in Pittsfield State Forest - see
attachment).  The signal is about as strong as the W2SZ signal when I am in
FN55 (about 245 miles from Mt Greylock).  Amazing that I can hear it with
that big hill in the way.

Thanks for your effort.

Sigurd KJ1K