[VHFcontesting] Re: June records; Rovers

Curtis C. Roseman croseman at almaak.usc.edu
Mon Apr 28 12:14:12 EDT 2003

Jack and others:

I neglected to mention rovers in my previous message. Without rovers our
contests would be much less interesting.  I am a fan of rovers. I admire
them; I need them; I want more of them.

However, as far as I know, we do not have section records for rovers.
Their scores are reported by Division (with the exception of the 2002 Web
scores), and indeed most rovers go well beyond the limits of any one section.

I have told Dan Henderson that I will compile the rover Division records
and get them on the Web.  However, I probably will not have time to do so
until late June (for a variety of reasons including prep. for the
contest).

In the meantime, you might look at the national rover Honor Rolls compiled
by K7XC (for June, September, and January):

http://k7xc.tripod.com/K7XCweaksignal/id18.html

73, Curt Roseman k9aks

p.s. just a reminder to anybody with comments/suggestions (positive; or
negative).  Please send them to me.  In the case of negative reactions, it
simply is not appropriate to critise Dan or the ARRL. I am the compiler of the
information in these tables.