[VHFcontesting] VHF Contest Rules Revisions - Part III

Kenneth E. Harker kharker at cs.utexas.edu
Wed Apr 30 15:47:06 EDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 03:03:15PM -0400, Hoffman, Mark wrote:

>                                        If I rove for zz2zz, it doesn't mean
> that zz2zz SPONSORS me. All it means, is that my interest lies with zz2zz.
> Nothing artificial about that.

If your contest operation is all about maximizing _your_ contest score, as a
rover, then you're right - that's would be operating in good sportsmanship.
But, if your contest operation is all about maximizing the score of zz2zz,
then I would argue that is not in the spirit of fair competition, and is
unsportsmanlike and unethical.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker at cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences          Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops