[VHFcontesting] Idita-Rover....Brilliant!

Dave Wendling kb1eaa at berkshire.rr.com
Sun Dec 14 17:22:00 EST 2003

This year we are going to do half the Idita-Rover by starting off on the Sky line drive, VA and driving back up the coast to Northern MA or Southern VT. I dislike contesting with my laptop due to the need of a power inverter (noise). Is there anything I can use on my Palm to CQ for HamIM? I use PocketAprs which might work.  PocketAprs reads my GPS directly through my Kenwood TH7.  If this is a possibility I would love to experiment this January. I run my Kenwood into a 50 watt FM amp to a vertical on the roof of the Red Rover. Suddenly January is looking more interesting.  I could post my route and attempt to stick to a tight time table which would enable others to check the effectiveness of their setup.

Dave Wendling
kb1eaa at berkshire.rr.com
Home of Palm Rover Software
http:/www.home.nycap.rr.com/nugidoors/