[VHFcontesting] A suggestion for Limiting MultiOps [was: A suggestion for ERP-based Entry Classes]

Ev Tupis (W2EV) w2ev at arrl.net
Mon Dec 15 20:22:29 EST 2003

"Hoffman, Mark" wrote:

> I believe that was his entire point. That it's EASIER to build a competitive
> station with fewer bands HAS taken away from the potential pool of uWave
> activity. If I can WIN M/L, and be a speck in the results as M/M - why
> bother with it?

And this is the wrong message to be sending when the ARRL is expending a
significant amount of effort in trying to protect our uWave bands.  Think about
this:

o Donate to the spectrum defense fund
o Create a contesting category that actually encourages you to NOT use spectrum

Both are ARRL activities, each of which works in opposition to the other.

Limited Multi Operator stations should be based on limiting the number of
operators, not the number of bands worked/submitted.  Don't sell-off our future
in exchange for the ability to score in a category that makes you artificially
competitive today.  Truth.

Ev, W2EV
--
PropNET: If the band is open and no one is TXing, does anyone hear it?
HamIM  : Messaging the all-ham way, find Rovers as they go to play.