[VHFcontesting] Many bands not always a big advantage

Bill Burgess braillist at sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 16 10:00:20 EST 2003

Greetings,

Working 6 or more bands by multi-op stations with 4 or more hams is very much to their advantage.  But for single op stations it has a disadvantage as well as an advantage, that being that you will almost always lose your prime operating frequency when you go band hopping and may need to resort to either hunt and pounce or go way upband and hope folks tune up there.

Perhaps working multiband on odd hours and single on even would lessen this problem for all.  Not a rule, just an operating procedure.  My 2 cents worth anyways.

I only have 50 and 432 beams up here now and unless I get a break in the weather, that is what I will be using in January, hand rotated.  Brrrrrr......!!!!!
Rovering...maybe, to try a few other bands if unable to do them from here.
The hill at FN14 may be too slippery in January but FN04 is good year-round.

73,

Bill

VE3CRU at rac.ca or

Email: braillist at sympatico.ca