[VHFcontesting] Spam

Eugene Zimmerman ezimmerm at erols.com
Tue Dec 23 14:41:17 EST 2003

AS of this point in time, this reflector is open - anyone may post whether
(s)he is subscribed or not .  I would like to leave it that way but it now
appears that we are getting spam that may be the result of a worm infecting
one of the subscribers.  The text of the spam indicates that it is not the
normal kind of spam that I delete every day from the spam trap - that you
never see.

I have contacted the IT people who run the server.  If restricting the
reflector to subscribers will eliminate the spam, I will do that. But if it
is the result of an infection, I am not sure that it will.

More information shortly.

73  Gene W3ZZ
List Administrator

Please do not send me messages about this until our IT people decide what we
can and cannot do.