[VHFcontesting] Re: [WSVHF] VHF Friendly Logging Software

Ed Kucharski k3dne at adelphia.net
Sun Dec 28 11:49:06 EST 2003

Yes.
Check out VHFTEST (by WG3E) - works for rovers and fixed
stations.  Designed just for vhf+ contest logging.  http://www.vhftest.com/.
This is the vhf+ contest logging program I have used for the past decade
with excellent results.  It is freeware!  Unfortunately it has only been
regularly used by a handful of vhf+ contesters and the author is no longer
adding enhancements but will continue to correct any critical bugs found
and keep the program available as a download.

I use N3FJP's general purpose (AC Log) and the HF SS contest module with
excellent results - the vhf contesting module may be worth checking out too
- I haven't tried it yet but the other N3FJP windows based logging programs
have been very easy to use and set up.
http://www.n3fjp.com/

I have heard good things about the N1MM contest logger from HF ops - the
web page states it does support many vhf+ contests and may also be worth
checking out.  http://pages.cthome.net/n1mm/.

FYI,
W3KM is the author of KM rover logger and vhf-uhf contest
logger.  http://www.qsl.net/w3km/
CT is written by K1EA and is available at:  http://www.k1ea.com/

73,
Ed K3DNE