[VHFcontesting] Beaconet

w2fca at cs.com w2fca at cs.com
Thu Feb 13 09:05:18 EST 2003

"John Isenberg" <ihi at frontiernet.net> wrote:
>Ev,
>I am not sure how your configuration prevents two signals on a band at one time.
>From the BeacoNet web page -

"As with most TNC's it will "hold off" transmitting if it believes that the frequency is in use.  Due to the close proximity of antennas in a Rover, it is quite likely that operation in the narrowband segment will "self-QRM" the CU2QSO transceiver, causing it to believe that the channel is in use; thereby holding off a transmission until after the narrowband transmission is completed.  Alternately, PTT circuits may be employed to assure that -- when another 2 meter transceiver is PTT'd -- the CU2QSO TNC is powered-off.  This will absolutely guarantee full compliance.  It is suggested that each Rover test their system against the first method before adding the complexity of the second method"

Frank
W2FCA