[VHFcontesting] FT100D and full duty modes (WSJT)

John Geiger johngeig at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 2 17:18:47 EST 2003

I have been using my FT100D on WSJT driving a 10 in
100 w out amp.  Has worked fine so far.  I have just
picked up a higher power amp that requires 25-30 watts
of drive.  Has anyone used an FT100D on WSJT at a 25
watt drive level.  The manual says for RTTY operation
cut back power to 50 watts.  I am sure that this is
for HF.  Seems like cutting back to 50% should work ok
on VHF also, but some of the WSJT contacts can take
awhile.

Anything to worry about using WSJT at 25 watts out on
the FT100D?

73s John NE0P