[VHFcontesting] Re: [CQ-Contest] Re: Statement regarding the use ofBEACONet in ARRL VHF Contests

E. Tupis w2ev at arrl.net
Sat Jan 18 21:36:45 EST 2003

"Kenneth E. Harker" wrote:
> So, when you call "CQ" via a Beaconet AX.25 datagram, will you ever
> complete a two-way QSO on the same frequency using AX.25?  Or is the
> Beaconet "CQ" really always intended to solicit a QSO that will take
> place on another frequency and another mode?  I think if it is the
> latter, then your AX.25 "CQ" is really not in the spirit of fair
> competition.

One may carry on a full and complete keyboard-to-keyboard simplex,
unassisted QSO in response to an operator noticing a the receipt of a
BEACONet CQ.  That is the truth of the matter.

Thanks for taking the time to understand the system, by the way.  You
are to be applauded...sincerely.

Regards,
Ev, W2EV