[VHFcontesting] September VHF QSO Party Results

Eugene Zimmerman ezimmerm at erols.com
Mon Jan 27 11:23:30 EST 2003

The results of the September VHF QSO Party should be released this week on
the Web. This will include a .pdf version of the article that appears in QST
and a expanded Web version of that article including links to all the boxes
that used to appear in print and now appear only on the Web. Some of this
content will be available only to ARRL members and will be so marked.

Please note that there was information missing from the Web version of the
June results when it was initially released. This led to a large number of
complaints on the reflectors. I am told that the corrections/additions that
I have requested will be done before the information is released but I
cannot guarantee that will be the case. Neither Dan Henderson nor I can
control the process by which the Web version is released. Therefore if there
appears to be something missing when you first see the Web version, wait at
least 1 week before you complain.

>From previous interactions, I realize that there may be quite a number of
people who do not understand how to use the Web report and its associated
links. For those people I include below a set of directions - which I also
have asked to be included as a sidebar to the Web report.

73  Gene  W3ZZ
World Above 50 MHz
FM19jd  MD
50 => 10 GHz
Grid Pirates Contest Group K8GP
Member, CQWW Contest Advisory Group

SIDEBAR
Want to see more? Space constraints limit the amount of information that can
be published in QST. The report in QST provides an overview containing some
of the key summary boxes.  The ARRL Web contains a wealth of detail
heretofore never available in any writeup.  Go to Contest Results by Year
(2002) http://www.arrl.org/contests/results/index.html#200s, and find the
ARRL September 2002 VHF QSO Party under 2002 Contest Results. To see a .pdf
version of the QST content, click the QST Results, March, 2003 link. You can
also access Rules, and Soapbox and Scores (that used to appear in the print
version) from this page. Click on the Soapbox link to see soapbox comments
and pictures. You can also access these as you surf through the scores by
clicking on any call sign that displays a link. The scores section has a
powerful tool at the bottom of each page that allows you to sort initially
by class, division section and club and then choose sort order by call,
score, QSOs, Mults, Class Section and/or club. You can select how to
download the sort as either comma-delimited (CSV) or Tab delimited formats
ready to insert into your database or spreadsheet software. At the bottom of
the sort you can download the entire sort not just the displayed page. If
you select a particular call sign, e.g., AA2UK, and click the list per-band
counts box you will see the entire band by band QSO/multiplier breakdown for
that station. If you want to compare your score against any other
combination of scores, this is the way to do it. Clicking on the Web report
link displays a Web (html) based version of an expanded QST report and
displays links to Scores, Soapbox, Rules, Top Scores (Top Ten Scores by
Class, QSO Leaders By Band, Multiplier Leaders By Band) and Sidebars in a
Sidebar entitled 2002 Sep VHF at the top right hand side of the report.