[VHFcontesting] Q: Power Level Setting on Popular Multimodes

Bill Olson callbill at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 30 21:19:34 EST 2003

Mark, I use the FT100D roving and like it a lot. You CAN save the power
settings "per band". The menu says 0-100% but it really only goes down to 2
or 3 watts minimum. I used the 28MHz position to drive a 222 transverter at
the lowest setting (3.5 watts) and that worked great! Since 2M and 432 have
a common antenna jack and 6M/HF as well, you need diplexers.. plus,
depending on what you want to do, some way of making sure you don't send,
say 100watts at 6M, into the transverter IF input. I made up a circuit that
took the "band data" info off the accessory jack and did the logic. At any
rate, I was running 100 watts on 6, 160 watts on 2, 35 watts on 222, 130
watts on 432 all at a flick of the switch in January Roving up here in Maine
NO PROBLEMO!! I like the FT100D.

bill, K1DY FN54