[VHFcontesting] The CQWW-VHF Contest, and The Rover Resource Page

Dan Evans n9rla at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 13 07:30:42 EDT 2003

Hi All,

Next weekend is the CQWW-VHF! For complete details
check out:

http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/VHFRules%202003%2051403.pdf

As a service to all VHF contesters I gather the plans
of stations planning to be active and post them on the
Rover Resource Page.  This started out to help folks
plan for Rover operations in their area, but has
become popular for all categories.

This can be a big help in VHF Contesting because most
people use very
directional antennas. There may be a station 20 miles
away that is on and
you never know it unless your antennas happen to
cross!  If you make notes
[before the contest starts] you can keep track of who
is where, and know
where to look.  This is REALLY helpful with Rovers
that are passing threw.

If you plan to be on please send me the call you plan
to use [this sounds obvious, but with multis, rovers,
clubs and such it's not easy to tell!], the grid or
grids you plan to activate, and any other station info
you care to share.   An email address you can be
reached at to set up scheduled contacts can also be
helpful.  I won't include your email address unless
you put it in the body of the message [some folks are
touchy about privacy issues, and such].  Send me your
plans as soon as possible! Also, if you know of any
stations that will be on but don't use email, send me
their plans so we can spot them as well.

73 & GL!
Dan
Dan Evans K9ZF
Scottsburg, IN 47170