[VHFcontesting] REMINDER:CQWW VHF Contest and CU2QSO Pioneers

Mike (KA5CVH) Urich ka5cvh at ka5cvh.com
Sun Jul 20 19:40:51 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Warren Walsh" <mcw1wjw9 at optonline.net>

Maybe the ARRL Contest Desk needs to look at this again...

Mike wrote

I've been trying to get warm and fuzzy with this concept.  In some ways I
don't see it much different than programming a voice recorder with CQ etc /
etc.  As I see it your initial contact *_HAS_* to be keyboard to keyboard
with no digipeaters involved.  If that is truly the case then I believe that
it does fall under the rules as acceptable.   That being said, why don't we
take this to the next level (or actually down a level)  and just put a voice
id'er on a FM mobile rig and do the same thing on 146.580?  Now this brings
up another can of worms.   According to the rules you can only operate one
station on a band at a time.  So if you were beaconing on 2 meters either
with CU2QSO or a simple voice id'er you can *_NOT_* have any other 2 meter
transmitters on the air ... Correct?

Mike Urich, KA5CVH
www.ka5cvh.com
http://www.ka5cvh.com/vhf/vhfindex.htm